The 1998 sacramentary-that-never-was contains this noble effort at telling the story of the Chrism Mass:
O Redeemer and Messiah,
listen to our song of praise!
1. In the yard of olive presses
Christ endured his agony;
Now the Church rejoicing blesses
Oil to serve his mystery.
2. Once anointed by the Spirit,
He, the Lord, has never ceased,
In the light that saints inherit,
To be prophet, king, and priest.
3. So the farmer’s work has flourished,
And the orchard yields its fruit,
For the life of grace is nourished
By the ancient olive-root.
4. First, the oil marks catechumens
Grafted into Christ the Lord;
Then, baptismal grace illumines
All whose life has been restored.
5. Next, the Lord by confirmation
Seals us in the Paraclete,
With a charge to all creation
Till his kingdom is complete.
6. Lastly, weakness or diseases
Need the strength of Christ within:
Then anointing soothes and eases
And removes the scars of sin.
7. Praise be given to the Father,
Praise be given through the Son,
Praise be given in the Spirit,
One in Three and Three in One.