Worship and music positions are listed at Pray Tell as a service to the churches. To list your position, click the link below and fill out the form, including a minimum 4-5 sentence description, application instructions, and a takedown date.
Cost to post to the job board is $10, via PayPal. Once you complete the form, you will be directed to a PayPal login to complete your transaction. Jobs won’t be posted unless the PayPal checkout is completed. Please allow 24-48 hours for posts to appear.
Director of Liturgy and Music
Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Bowling Green, KY
Holy Spirit Catholic Parish seeks full-time musician and liturgist, piano proficiency, with Vatican II vision of liturgy and liturgical music. Bachelor’s degree in music or related field, at least three years experience in pastoral ministry, excellent people skills, computer knowledge, well-catechized practicing Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church. Director collaborates with Pastor and Staff in facilitating the liturgical life of the parish. Additional education and experience in theology, liturgy and catechesis appreciated. Equal opportunity employer, benefits.
E-mail cover letter, resumé, three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Fr. John M. Thomas at 4754 Smallhouse Road, Bowling Green, KY 42104 .
Pastoral Assistant for Faith Formation
Our Lady of Lourdes in Vancouver, WA
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Parish, a welcoming community of approximately 750 families is seeking a full-time Pastoral Assistant for Faith Formation to oversee faith formation and sacramental preparation, including RCIA, at all age and grade levels except youth and young adult ministries. This person reports directly to the Pastor and works in close collaboration with the entire pastoral team, including the faculty and staff of our Parish School. Our parish faith formation program focuses on whole-family, integrated catechesis. This person is also in charge of coordinating liturgies surrounding the sacraments program including the Rite of Election, Easter Vigil, and all those that surround children’s sacramental prep.
All candidates with experience will be considered, although a master’s degree in religious studies or a related field is preferred. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in relational ministry, excellent communication skills, and an engaged, active faith life. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation commensurate with education and experience, in accord with the guidelines given by the Archdiocese of Seattle. Closing date is May 20, 2019.
To apply and for a more in-depth job description, visit http://www.ollparish.org/jobs.
Holy Family Catholic Parish in Lawton, OK
Holy Family Catholic Parish in Lawton, OK, is actively seeking a Director of Music. Candidate must be a practicing Catholic. This position will report to the Pastor and will be responsible for the following: serving as the principal musician, organist/pianist, and choir director; planning, directing, rehearsing and performing music for Sunday Masses, occasional daily Masses, Holy Day Masses, Funerals, Weddings and other liturgical celebrations. Also, recruiting, supervising and providing musical coaching and vocal training for choir members, children’s choir, and scholas.
We host a Byzantine Catholic Community as well and Divine Liturgy is offered once a month with extra Services during Holy Week and other feast days (about 16 Services a year). The music director would be responsible for cantoring these Services and help in training other Cantors. Help would be provided in learning this music.
Salary negotiable based on education and experience. Benefits provided.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: The Director of Music must have a strong understanding of liturgical music, Tradition and Sacred Scripture, and must also be familiar with recent Church publications regarding Vatican II English chant liturgical music. Candidates should possess the following: a high degree of proficiency in the use of musical instruments, particularly the piano and organ, and should be vocally trained; organizational skills; ability to plan and prepare a budget; experience with ministry development; and pastoral understanding of ministry.
Minimum Qualifications: A solid understanding of Catholic Liturgy, with at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Music, some formal liturgical education and previous or current work experience in liturgical music.
Application Instructions: Send Introduction Letter and resume with references to email@example.com.
Director of Music Ministry
Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Catholic Community in Albuquerque, NM
Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Catholic Community is a multicultural, multilingual, multi-generational community of faith of 2,400 families, located on the West Mesa of Albuquerque, New Mexico. We take to heart the Second Vatican Council’s call to full, conscious and active participation in the liturgy by all the faithful.
The Director of Music Ministry is responsible for leading and empowering the music ministers of our community. In collaboration with the Pastoral Associate for Worship and Sacraments, you will work to promote the full, conscious and active participation of the liturgical assembly through sung worship. Key responsibilities include:
• Prepare and direct the overall bilingual music ministry for Sunday liturgies, Feast days, Sacramental and devotional celebrations
• Direct music planning for the liturgical seasons and provide resources for the preparation of appropriate music for sacramental celebrations
• Develop musical excellence and encourage ongoing formation for parish music ministers
• Track inventory and care of parish instruments (including 2 Rodgers Organs, 2 grand and 2 studio pianos), church sound system and music equipment
• Maintain hymnals and develop worship aids, music supplements, and oversee copyright licenses and reporting
To be Successful
As a Director of Music Ministry in our Catholic Community, you will need:
• A Bachelor Degree in music (or equivalent) and 5 years pastoral experience in parish music ministry leadership
• Competency in piano/organ, choral direction, music arranging, and leading the sung worship of the liturgical assembly
• A working knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgy documents and their pastoral application
• Communication (bilingual English/Spanish is beneficial), leadership, and organization skills
• The capacity to minister in a Vatican II pastoral environment with people of varying age, culture, background, and language
This full time position includes weekend, evening, and some holiday working hours. In return we offer a competitive salary, health and retirement benefits, flexible office hours, and opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.
Contact Barbara@holyrosaryabq.org to request a complete job description and application package.
Deadline for submission of applications is March 29, 2019.
Anticipated start date is July 1, 2019.
Director of Liturgical Music
St. Anne and St. Patrick Parish in Sturbridge, MA
A Vision of this Ministry
The Director of Liturgical Music is a professional who holds specialized credentials in music and who has a thorough understanding of Roman Catholic liturgy. This person of faith is responsible for the effective planning, coordination, and execution of music within the liturgical celebrations of the parish especially the Sunday liturgies and other major feasts and solemnities.
Major Responsibilities and Tasks
The Director of Liturgical Music:
1. Directs the parish music program, selects and plans music in cooperation with the Coordinator of Liturgy and the liturgy committee for use in parish liturgies.
2. Provides music, musicians and cantors for all Sunday and other major celebrations.
3. Invites, motivates, and trains all parish ministers of music (whether volunteer, stipend, or salaried).
4. Cooperates with the Coordinator of Liturgy in recruiting needed musicians and cantors, and attempts to involve newcomers and a broad spectrum of parishioners.
Effective functioning of this ministry requires, in particular, that the Director of Liturgical Music is a person of prayer, is sensitive to the cultural experience of parishioners, and understands their spirituality and worship life. He/She must be an active member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church.
Competencies and Skills
1. Is knowledgeable of and comfortable with Church music literature in all forms and styles for the congregation, choirs (adult, teen, and children), vocalists, and instrumentalists.
2. Is proficient in liturgical principles.
3. Has a thorough understanding of the musical, liturgical, and pastoral judgments, which must be made in selecting music for liturgy.
4. Must be able to play the organ, and the piano.
5. Is proficient in directing a choir.
Formation, Training, and Criteria for Readiness
Minimally, a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required, even though a more professional qualification, such as the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in music and liturgy, is preferred.
• Part-time, 20 to 25 hours a week which includes planning and providing music for all the Sunday masses and other major celebrations (like Christmas, Easter Triduum among others), organizing and rehearsing a parish choir, and training possible cantors.
• Providing music for weddings and funerals will be an added benefit.
Director of Liturgical Music
In order to apply, please email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.