The Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions has created a liturgy preparation aid for Lent, Triduum, and the Easter season for 2020. This aid contains a number of resources to help planners and liturgists prepare for what can be a demanding season, including:
- an order and preparation guide for a communal penance service with individual confessions, including scripture readings and music suggestions
- answers to frequently asked questions, with details about Easter Vigil, the Paschal Candle, and veneration of the Cross on Good Friday
- a Liturgical Year Advisory, including information about feast days
- a complete list of Mass readings from Ash Wednesday through Pentecost Sunday
- a thorough explanation of the Rites for the Period of Purification and Enlightenment, including orders of service for the Scrutinies and the Presentations of the Creed and Lord’s Prayer to catechumens
- orders of service for Holy Week and Triduum through Evening Prayer on Easter Sunday
This helpful resource is available to parishes for free download in both English and Spanish by visiting the FDLC site and clicking on “Resources” -> “Public Resources” or by following this link.