“Implementing the New Missal: Anxiety – Renewal – Opportunity” is the theme of the 2011 Collegeville Conference on Music, Liturgy, and the Arts, June 20 to 23 at Saint John’s Abbey and University in Collegeville, Minn.
The annual gathering of musicians, liturgists and artists offers varied and rich experiences in learning, dialogue, and liturgy. Included among this year’s list of conference presenters and performers are several keynote speakers who will be familiar to readers of Pray Tell: Fr. Michael Joncas, Fr. Paul Turner, Vicki Klima, and Fr. Anthony Ruff, OSB.
This year’s conference participants will:
- study the new English texts and see how they are based on the foundation of Latin;
- examine Holy Week with the new Missal for an approach to a specific season of paramount importance;
- walk through changes in theology reflected in missal revisions preceding and including the current one in an historical perspective over the past several decades;
- be guided through pastoral implementation of new Missal texts and music in our parishes;
- embrace visual art expressions which can aid textual and musical expressions in the liturgy.