- What is the difference between eschatological and just plain exotic liturgy?
- Is eschatology about the future or the present?
- Is liturgy an escape from the world or entrance into a new world?
- Did the Eastern church lose eschatology at some point and turn toward historicization?
- Is it true that the Eastern churches historically employed vernacular, unlike the Roman rite?
All this and more in Eschatology and the Byzantine Liturgy by David M. Petras, a preview from the Winter 2010 issue (theme: Eschatology) of Liturgical Ministry – a journal ably edited by Sr. Joyce Zimmerman which more should know about.